Tuesday, 14 February 2012

I have to give this a break now, I am busy with other things for a while.
Also the tyre situation is way complex, have a look if you like...http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1573
Look at the......rF2_TGM_TyreTool_Quickstart_V2.pdf
quickstart??
Its a well nice new feature but looks a little daunting/time consuming.
Makes squishy tyres.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPHjXEa0TaE
If this model does'nt make it into rFactor I may sell it on turbosquid.
I will remove 6 of it's exhaust pipes also, as it was a six cylinder engine.

Saturday, 11 February 2012

I have decided to start exporting parts of the vehicle and importing into rFactor engine, experimenting a bit will help me decide on a naming convention amongst other things.
rFactor is in beta, so the guys at ISI are still making this game and the full version will not be ready till later this year. While it is a great honor to be allowed to make vehicles for this great game engine so early before release, it is also a lot of trial and error with some things as the support and help available is still thin on the ground due to the makers being very busy finishing the game.
As you can see here in this showroom shot, my windscreen is not transparent, but the shader is working ok for the carbody. I will continue bringing all the parts in and i'll update the texture art later.

Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Not a great day, did about 3 hours this morning, then had some computer probs, but back on it now, working through the textures making everything look pretty.

Heres my desktop, it can get a bit busy at this stage.


Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Had a bit of a break over the weekend.
Rendered all the ambient occlusion and started on the artwork for the main texture.
Since I last posted that about another 16 hours.
Hopefully i'll get all the artwork finished this week.
Once the model is completely textured, I'll break it up into all the parts I need to start exporting as .gmt's for importing into rFactor2 game engine.

Sunday, 5 February 2012

I did 5 or 6 hours yesterday and 12 hours today and the UVW unwrapping is complete (lets hope)
With that done now, I can render ambient occlusion for each texture so I can start building layers in photoshop and rendering out diffuse colour, specular and some textures will have normal maps (bump)

Here is the UV template for the main body texture, this will be available for everyone to modify.
There are 8 textures altogether.

Main body
Chassis
Cockpit
Windows
Suspension
Tyre
Wheel
Brake Disk



Friday, 3 February 2012

14 hours and the first stage of the UVWmapping is done (all surfaces mapped). Next i'll organize the mappings into different textures, i'll need to study rFactor's structure a bit more before I make descisions about how many different textures i'll use and what mapping will live in each space. The main body panels and anything else I want the user to be able to modify will all live in the main tex. The chassis and details in another but the windows, wheels and brake disks will each have their own tex. The suspension i'll split up so the body's can be modified but the mechanism will live with the other non paintable parts.

Thursday, 2 February 2012

I managed to do about 10 hours over the weekend, and a further 8 hours over monday and tuesday. I attached everything that needs attaching, then named all objects and organised them into layers. I then went through the layers, methodically, one by one, squeezing more detail out of what I have modeled, optimizing, checking smoothing groups, material ID's, any faces with more than 4 sides. I am now ready for the UVW unwrapping.